Here's how to delete your Google search history and stop tracking:
- Delete your search history:
- Go to google.com and sign in to your Google account.
- Click the nine dots in the top right corner of the page and select "Account."
- In the "Personal info & privacy" section, click the "Go to My Activity" button.
- On the My Activity page, you can view and delete your search history by date or by specific activity.
- To delete your search history by date, click the three dots next to "Today" and select "Delete by date."
- In the pop-up window, select the specific time range you want to delete and click the "Delete" button.
- To delete specific items from your search history, click the three dots next to the item and select "Delete."
- Turn off tracking:
- Go to the My Activity page as described in step 1.
- Click the three dots in the top right corner of the page and select "Activity controls."
- On the Activity controls page, you can turn off tracking for various types of activity, such as location, web and app activity, and YouTube history.
- Toggle the switch to "Off" for the types of activity you want to stop tracking.
By following these steps, you can delete your Google search history and stop tracking to protect your online privacy. Remember to regularly clear your search history and adjust your tracking settings to keep your information private and prevent unwanted personalization.