Your Facebook search history is a record of the terms you've searched for on Facebook, and it's stored by the social media platform to provide personalized recommendations and faster searches. While this can be convenient, it can also pose a privacy risk if you don't take steps to protect your information.
Here's how to delete your Facebook search history:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone or tablet, or go to facebook.com in your web browser.
- Click the three lines in the top left corner of the page and select "Settings & Privacy."
- In the "Privacy" section, click the "Activity Log" button.
- In the Activity Log, click the "More" button and select "Search History."
- On the Search History page, you can view and delete your search history by date or by specific activity.
- To delete your search history by date, click the three dots next to "Today" and select "Delete by date."
- In the pop-up window, select the specific time range you want to delete and click the "Delete" button.
- To delete specific items from your search history, hover over the item and click the "X" that appears.
By following these steps, you can delete your Facebook search history and protect your online privacy. Remember to regularly clear your search history to keep your information private and prevent unwanted personalization.