Your search history is a record of the terms you've searched for on your phone or tablet, and it's stored by your device and search engine to provide personalized recommendations and faster searches. While this can be convenient, it can also pose a privacy risk if you don't take steps to protect your information.
Here's how to clear your search history on some popular phones and tablets:
- iPhone and iPad (iOS):
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap "Safari."
- Scroll down and tap "Clear History and Website Data."
- In the pop-up window, tap "Clear History and Data" to delete your search history.
- Android phone and tablet:
- Open the Chrome app.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the window.
- Tap "History."
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the window again and select "Clear browsing data."
- In the pop-up window, check the box next to "Browsing history" to delete your search history. You can also select other types of data to delete, such as cookies and cache.
- Tap the "Clear data" button to permanently erase your search history.
By following these steps, you can clear your search history on your phone or tablet and protect your online privacy. Remember to regularly clear your search history to keep your information private and prevent unwanted personalization.